Connect with us

Editor's Pick

GOOGLE suspends Trump’s App from Play Store

Published

on

Google has suspended the Trump 2020 campaign app from the Google Play Store for policy violations. According to Google, the app was unable to load any content and appeared to have been taken down. Trump 2020 Android app had actually been experiencing problems for some time before Google took this action.

Read Also: Guinea, DR Congo gets N5.8 billion from the UN

According to Google;  “People expect that apps downloaded from Google Play provide a minimum level of functionality and our policy is to remove non-working apps from the store if they are not fixed.”

Complains had been laid by intended users but no replies and users had in the past pointed out their displeasure on Play Store and off Play Store on the non-functionality of the App.

Example of the above can be seen in the below tweet:

Google told TechCrunch the app has not been banned from the Play Store, only suspended for its non-functionality. It can be reinstated if the problems are addressed. To learn more on this story kindly click here.

By: Sylvia Uzoh

Editor's Pick

El-Rufai vows not to pay ransom if Son kidnapped, Prays he makes heaven instead

Published

on

El-Rufai vows not to pay ransom if Son kidnapped, Prays he makes heaven instead

Governor Nasir El-Rufai vows not to pay ransom if Son kidnapped, or for the release of any kidnapped victim in the state. This comes after a statement from previous interviews where he said categorically that said kidnappers do not deserve to live and should all be wiped out.

El-Rufai said that even though his son is kidnapped, he would not pay a ransom. I’d rather pray for him to go to heaven than pay any ransom, the governor said during a radio interview in Kaduna.

He reiterated that he has cautioned his family members to be cautious to avoid being kidnapped, emphasizing that he had already made it clear to them that he will never pay a ransom for their release if any of them are kidnapped.

READ ALSO: IPOB expresses concern over killing of Biafrans in Akwa Ibom and Benue

“I mean it, and I will say it again, here. Even if my son is kidnapped, I will rather pray for him to make heaven instead, because I won’t pay any ransom.”

The governor has been under pressures to find and free the abducted students of the Federal College of Forestry and Mechanisation in Kaduna and went on to reiterate that the government is looking at other ways to secure their release.  He did, however, rule out paying the ransom as part of those ways being considered.

Continue Reading

Editor's Pick

Breaking: Nigerian Activist Yinka Odumakin is dead

Published

on

Breaking: Nigerian Activist Yinka Odumakin is dead

According to reports reaching Izzygong; Spokesman Afenifere, Human Rights Activist, Nationalist and a true democrat Yinka Odumakin is dead.

While the circumstances of his death are still unknown, a source told Daily Trust that he died as a result of COVID-19 complications.

After the annulment of the June 12, 1993 election, Odumakin was a core member of the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), which fought General Sani Abacha’s rule.

READ ALSO: Tussle intensifies as questions raised on next APC National Chairman

He was also a spokeswoman for the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders’ Forum (SMBLF), an organization that represents ethnic groups from the South-West, South-South, South-East, and Middle Belt.

Odumakin, who is married to another activist, Dr Joe Odumakin, has been a vocal critic of the current administration.

He has repeatedly chastised the Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government for perceived bias and favouritism in the recruitment of officials to different positions.

He was also outspoken in his criticism of killers’ actions in Yorubaland.

He recently cautioned the Federal Government not to arrest Sunday Igboho, who recently gave a quit notice to Fulani herders in Ibarapa, Oyo State, and expelled the Sarkin Fulani in Igangan.

Continue Reading

Editor's Pick

Bayern Munich to bid for Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung-Min as new contract stalls

Published

on

Bayern Munich to bid for Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung-Min as new contract stalls

According to sources, Bayern Munich to bid for Tottenham Hotspur star Son Heung-Min as new contract stalls, his contract talks with the club have stalled with parties yet to reach any reasonable agreement or conclusion.

The South Korean winger is one of Tottenham’s most dangerous attacking players this season, with 18 goals and 16 assists for the north Londoners.

Son has been in talks with the club over a new £200,000-a-week contract since October, according to Sportsmail, but no agreement has been reached as the season nears its end.

According to Football Insider, Bayern Munich is willing to give Son a new five-year contract worth more than what Tottenham is demanding, and the Bundesliga club is willing to wait a year to sign him.

READ ALSO: Champions League 2021 Quarter-Final Fixtures and dates

Before joining Tottenham in 2015, Son made his name on the European stage when playing in Germany, scoring 49 goals in all competitions for Hamburg and Bayer Leverkusen.

Despite the delay in talks, the 28-year-old has just over two years left on his current Tottenham deal, and Jose Mourinho was optimistic that the winger will sign an extension.

‘Son is not a concern, he has a deal for a couple of years if I am not mistaken, maybe even three,’ the Spurs manager said in February. I believe it is just a matter of waiting for the right opportunity.

‘With the state of the nation, I don’t believe it is the best time for players and clubs to worry about contracts when so many people are losing jobs, not working, and experiencing difficulties.’

‘I assume that when the sun shines again for the country, the club and Sonny will be able to reach an agreement fairly quickly.’

Since Mourinho’s most recent remarks regarding Son’s future, Spurs have left the FA Cup, the Europa League, and the Premier League title chase, with former Tottenham striker and current Sportsmail columnist Peter Crouch believing the winger could leave to play at a higher level.

Spurs haven’t won a trophy since Son joined the club in 2015, while Bayern Munich won the treble last season, including the Champions League.

‘Son and (Harry) Kane are players who deserve to be competing at a higher level than the Europa League,’ Crouch told BT Sport after Spurs were knocked out of the competition by Dinamo Zagreb. ‘Of course, they are loyal to Tottenham, as we all hope, but games like that don’t help.’

Son has 103 goals in 270 Tottenham matches since joining the club from Germany six seasons ago.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: