Connect with us

Popular Stories

UCL: Chelsea vs Atletico Confirmed Line Up

Published

on

Chelsea vs Atletico Confirmed Line Up

In today’s UEFA Champions League match; Chelsea vs Atletico Confirmed Line Up is out. Both managers make several changes to the line-up used for the first Leg in which Chelsea holds a one away goal advantage.

Chelsea Starting Line-Up:

Azpilicueta, Alonso, Kovacic, Zouma, Rudiger, E. Mendy, Kante, Werner, Ziyech, Havertz, Reece James
Chelsea Subs:

Caballero, Giroud, Emerson, Kepa, Chilwell, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Gilmour, Anjorin

READ ALSO: Manchester City routs Wolves 4-1, equals previous home record

Atletico Starting Line-Up:

Suarez, Oblak, Savic, Trippier, Saul , Koke, Carrasco, Gimenez, Llorente, Felix, Lodi
Atletico Subs:

Herrera, Vrsaljko, Vitolo, Kondogbia, Felipe, Lemar, I. Grbić, Correa, M Dembele, Hermoso, Torreira, Miguel San Román

 

Editor's Pick

El-Rufai vows not to pay ransom if Son kidnapped, Prays he makes heaven instead

Published

on

El-Rufai vows not to pay ransom if Son kidnapped, Prays he makes heaven instead

Governor Nasir El-Rufai vows not to pay ransom if Son kidnapped, or for the release of any kidnapped victim in the state. This comes after a statement from previous interviews where he said categorically that said kidnappers do not deserve to live and should all be wiped out.

El-Rufai said that even though his son is kidnapped, he would not pay a ransom. I’d rather pray for him to go to heaven than pay any ransom, the governor said during a radio interview in Kaduna.

He reiterated that he has cautioned his family members to be cautious to avoid being kidnapped, emphasizing that he had already made it clear to them that he will never pay a ransom for their release if any of them are kidnapped.

READ ALSO: IPOB expresses concern over killing of Biafrans in Akwa Ibom and Benue

“I mean it, and I will say it again, here. Even if my son is kidnapped, I will rather pray for him to make heaven instead, because I won’t pay any ransom.”

The governor has been under pressures to find and free the abducted students of the Federal College of Forestry and Mechanisation in Kaduna and went on to reiterate that the government is looking at other ways to secure their release.  He did, however, rule out paying the ransom as part of those ways being considered.

Continue Reading

Editor's Pick

Abia State Gov. shuts down school over explosives found in premises

Published

on

Abia State Gov. shuts down school over explosives found in premises

Abia State Gov. shuts down school over explosives found in premises of a primary school within its state capital. The Abia State Government announced that an investigation has started to “unravel the origins and nature” of the alleged explosive devices discovered at Union Primary School in Afaraukwu, Umuahia.

Okiyi Kalu, the Commissioner for Information, announced this in a statement released in Umuahia on Thursday.

Mr Kalu said that the state government has begun collaborating with appropriate security agencies in the state regarding the progress.

READ ALSO: Miyetti Allah to FG, 400 grazing reserves adequate to accommodate herders in Northern Nigeria

According to the statement, “an initial inspection of the instruments reveals signs of corrosion, raising the possibility that the artefacts are civil war remnants.”

“We are awaiting a definitive formal report from the Nigeria Police Explosives Ordnance Disposal unit, which is reportedly investigating the incident.”

While he made it clear that the school had been briefly closed by the authorities, he also claimed that the requisite precautions have been taken to secure the school’s students and employees, “with security sweeps underway.”

Even as Mr Okiyi Kalu expressed the government’s gratitude to God for no loss of life or property, he went ahead to say that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu had ordered security agents to conduct a serious investigation and come up with preventive checks as well as measures in other vulnerable areas of the state.

Continue Reading

Features

Miyetti Allah to FG, 400 grazing reserves adequate to accommodate herders in Northern Nigeria

Published

on

Miyetti Allah to FG, 400 grazing reserves adequate to accommodate herders in Northern Nigeria

The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), speaking against the backdrop of the herders’ crisis in Nigeria, has stated that the 400 grazing reserves in the country’s northern region are adequate to satisfy all herders.

While briefing the leadership of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) at their headquarters in Kaduna State on Thursday, Baba Usman Ngelzerma, National Secretary of the association, asked the forum to place pressure on the federal and state governments to use the country’s abandoned grazing reserves, especially in the North.

According to him, there are 400 grazing reserves in the north and more in the south, specifically in Oyo, Ogun, and Lagos State. He went on to say that the time has come for the herders to avoid travelling from one location to the next.

Although calling for these concerns to be resolved, he made it clear that the subject of herders is a national one that must be addressed holistically.”

READ ALSO: EFCC and Military Police work together to fight corruption

“The government should ensure that herders are settled in grazing reserves in order to prevent the current condition in which they are dispersed across the region. This is the root of the current crisis.

“In the grazing reserves, these herders should be supplied with the requisite educational, health, and other facilities. When their standing increases, so will their economic potential and the country’s productivity. The operation of the grazing reserves should be completed as soon as possible.”

According to the secretary-general’s figures,  Lagos State alone consumes 6,000 cows a day, with 250 lorries of cows entering the southern part of the country on a regular basis. According to MACBAN, the 400 grazing reserves in the northern states should be better used and established. He continues that once the grazing lands are utilised, half of the problems will be solved.

He also said that the pastoralists’ lack of education is being abused, warning that unless herders and pastoralists are brought together in grazing reserves, the nation’s long-desired stability could be elusive.

He bemoaned the loss of over four million cows by Fulani pastoralists since the country’s crisis began.

Following receipt of the paper, ACF chairman, Chief Audu Ogbe, stated that members of the forum would review the presentation before making a decision. In a communique issued at the conclusion of the meeting on Thursday, ACF stated that mediation and consultation with other parts of the world remain the only way to restore peace in the country.

The forum denounced the actions of terrorists, kidnappers, and robbers in the North in a communiqué published and read by the forum’s national publicity secretary, Emmanuel Yawe, saying that their acts are killing the stability and development for which the North was known while the region’s founders were in control. The forum has condemned the words of some actors and leaders who have tried to incite political, cultural, and religious passions in the midst of the country’s current crisis.

To that end, it urged Nigerian politicians to show caution in their public statements in light of the current situation. It also expressed regret that abducted students from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation are still being held captive, and that the Kaduna State government has done nothing to secure their release.

“We, the ACF, condemn all lawless acts of self-help and urge all northern youths to put an end to such evil plans. They do not have our backing. The ACF believes in dialogue and consultation as a means of restoring stability and normalcy to our troubled region and nation,” according to the communique.

Continue Reading

Trending